BIG SCREENS | BIG IMPACT | BIG BOX OFFICE
BIG & Digital is a Boutique Distributor of Films for Museums, Attractions and Cinemas in 15/70mm, 2K and 4K Digital, IMAX® Digital, Fulldome, Blu-Ray and DVD.
We distribute high-quality, family-friendly educational films and documentaries produced for IMAX®, Giant Screen and Digital Theaters in museums and attractions worldwide.
BIG & Digital is BIG on building box office success and long-term relationships with integrity.
We work with producers and theaters to inspire audiences with intelligent films that leave a positive impact.
We work with film producers on a consulting basis to help take films from concept to development and into production for a Giant Screen audience; and, prepare for the release.
We work with highly creative teams to build marketing campaigns that deliver results.
In addition to the Giant Screen Theater marketplace, we distribute films that perform well in Art museums and have Pre-School movies that are shown both in IMAX Theaters and in Auditoriums using Blu-Ray or DVD projection.
As a specialist in film marketing and distribution, Tina Ratterman founded BIG & Digital in 2009 to deliver films that inspire and leave a positive impact on audiences around the world.
She brings over eighteen years of film marketing experience to BIG & Digital. She promoted more than 25 films as Marketing and PR Director for the Kentucky Science Center IMAX® Theater (1997-2003) and successfully launched and distributed films to the worldwide group of IMAX and giant screen theaters as Director of Distribution and Marketing for Giant Screen Films (2003-2009).
Tina’s leadership is two-fold; developing relationships with theater managers, marketing directors and museum executives to match and distribute films that meet programming and marketing goals. And, developing comprehensive film marketing campaigns and tools for international distribution and for local theater marketing. She has a thorough understanding of how these campaigns overlap and how to stream line budgets to maximize effectiveness.
Since passion fuels Ratterman’s drive for success, she spends her time on projects that make a positive impact on people or the world around us. Ratterman has an ability to pay attention to details and also see and manage the big picture.
Tina is serving on the Board of Directors as Co-Chair of the Member Services Committee (2017-2018). She has actively participated on the Professional Development Committee and the Marketing Task Force. Tina was a recipient of the Big Shoe Award in 2008 and was the Emcee for GSCA’s 2009 Marketing Achievement Awards. As a consultant to the Kentucky Science Center in 2010, she was instrumental in the KSC winning the award for Best Film Launch by Theater in 2010 for Van Gogh: Brush with Genius. She was also published in “The Big Frame” in Fall 2003 with the article: How to Gain More from your Media Partnerships.
Ratterman is a native of Louisville, Kentucky and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Communications from the University of Louisville. In addition to her film marketing and distribution experience, her career has included positions in advertising sales and agency account services, fund-raising director for two national health organizations, community relations, media promotions, and public relations and ownership of an event production company that specialized in fund-raising dinners and outdoor festivals.
GSCA Awards & Service:
- Best Film Launch by Theater, September 2010 -Louisville Science Center IMAX Theatre for the launch ofVan Gogh: Brush with Genius. Ratterman (Consultant) created the film launch plan and developed community partnerships and media promotions.
- Best Film Launch by Theater, September 2002 – Louisville Science Center IMAX Theatre for the launch of Michael Jordan to the Max. (Ratterman was Marketing Director)
- The Big Shoe Award (Volunteer Service) September, 2008
- Professional Development Committee Member, 2007-2009
- Organized the Professional Development Marketing Sessions for GSCA Conferences 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Marketing Session Panelist September, 2009
- Marketing Task Force Member, 2009-2010
- Wrote the RFP for Agency Participation (Research, logo and tagline development), October 2009
- Wrote the initial Launch Plan for the “Bigger. Bolder. Better.” and “Certified Giant Screen” Campaigns, February 2010
- Emcee Marketing Achievement Awards, September 2009